Whatever questionnaire, a good questionnaire is required to achieve good reliability and validity. The more thought-out questions addressed to the respondent, the better and credible data is generated.
1. Formulate short, clear and concise questions and answer options.
2. Use a simple and direct language.
3. Define abstract words and terms. This is to avoid built-in assumptions and leading questions, and that the respondent’s interpretation space should be as small as possible for the highest possible reliability.
4. Make the survey short and concise for increased participation.
5. Provide a clear time frame before the respondent conducts the survey.
6. The graphic layout should be appealing, transparent and logical. This is best done by logically grouping the questions, along the topic that is placed in blocks with different titles.
7. Create an appealing graphic layout regardless of platform.